Yay, Versatile Blogger Award Number Two :-)
Thank you, so much Aisha, for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I feel most honoured.
For anyone not yet acquainted with Aisha’s Oasis, you really need to visit this blog, which is a fascinating account of daily life in Cairo. Aisha is an American woman who suffered twenty years of marriage to an abusive White Anglosaxon Protestant and ended up marrying an incredibly loving Egyptian Muslim man she met online.
Here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Create a post and thank the person who nominated you and link your post back to their blog.
2. Nominate 15 other bloggers that you think have a versatile blog, link back to their blog. Notify them to let them know they are nominated.
3. Share 7 little known facts about yourself.
I’ve decided to nominate 6 bloggers and not 15, as I’ve showered many of my favourite blogs with multiple nominations already and don’t want to overwhelm them with yet more! There are other blogs deserving of nomination but who display the logo “Award Free Blog”, so I must respect their wishes.
7 Previously Unknown Facts About Me
1. An instant cure for my gloomy moods is to wear bright clothes. I’ve recently purchased a fuchsia-pink raincoat to encourage me to go out on rainy days.
2. I rarely suffer from writer’s block when working on a novel, but give me a greeting card or letter to write and my brain hits a blank wall.
3. The three authors who’ve taught me the most about writing are Stephen King, Rose Tremain, and Karin Fossum. I don’t believe in reading “how to write” books but prefer to read a wide range of fiction and study what techniques work and don’t work.
4. My husband and I got married on our joint birthday, so there’s no excuse for either of us to forget the date of our wedding anniversary.
5. According to ancestral research, it runs in my family to become increasingly reclusive with age, so why on earth do I want to become a published author? Answer: because I’m stubborn and like challenges.
6. I’ve recently given up taking dietary supplements and am feeling a million times healthier as a result.
7. My current favourite breakfast is organic muesli, topped with pear, banana, strawberries, walnuts, ground brazil nuts and almonds, and oodles of sheep’s milk live yoghurt. I have a very large breakfast bowl.
If you enjoyed this post, you might like to visit my gallery page “Blogging Awards” with links to earlier posts.