Thank you so much, Christy, for nominating me for the happy, smiley Sunshine Blogger Award. Christy is a freelance writer and poet whose words radiate warmth, so do check out her blog — especially her special sunshine post at http://poeticparfait.com/2012/09/08/sunshine-for-saturday/#more-1599
The Sunshine Blogger Award is customarily bestowed upon bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspire others — a thing to be valued most highly in a world dominated by negative and destructive reportage.
The rules of the award are as follows:
- Post the sunshine award logo.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the eight set questions (as listed below).
- Hand out awards to other sunny bloggers.
- Link to sites of nominees and leave comments to notify them of their awards.
The questions and my answers:
- What’s your favourite Christmas movie? “The Snowman” (based on the children’s book by Raymond Briggs).
- What’s your favourite flower? This one is so difficult; I just love flowers. Give me a summer herbaceous border or a meadow filled with wildflowers and I’m floating. But if I must choose, it’s wild climbing roses, followed by tulips, cowslips, and cornflowers.
- What’s your favourite non-alcoholic beverage? Freshly filtered water.
- What’s your favourite passion? I don’t get too passionate about anything, as I think that passion can have a flip side, which is intolerance, anger, hatred, and an unwillingness to consider other people’s viewpoints. There are things I care about deeply, such as truth, justice, peace, environmental sustainability, and family life.
- What’s your favourite time of year? Late summer, through to early autumn.
- What’s your favourite time of day? 5-5.30 p.m. which is when I chill out with my family in comfy chairs to share a pot of tea and homemade cake, and discuss what sort of day we’ve had.
- What’s your favourite physical activity? Walking around beautiful gardens with plenty of rustic benches for rest breaks.
- What’s your favourite vacation? I’ve not been on holiday for twenty years, but, if I could, it would involve peace, quiet, and wild landscapes of the Celtic or Nordic variety, or a pilgrimage to a remote shrine.
And now for my sunshine bloggers 🙂
13 thoughts on “The sunshine award: yay, I’m basking in its rays :-)”
Thank you so much Sarah for this Sunshine Award… I am so happy to receive this award from you 🙂
My pleasure 🙂
Hello Sarah my dear 🙂 you can check out my acknowledgment of this award here:
Thanks and have a wonderful Sunday!
Thank you. That’s a lovely sun-shiny post and beautiful acknowledgement.
Great post Sarah and congratulations again! Thanks for such kind words about my site as well
Congratulations Sarah. Fresh filtered water as your favorite non-alcoholic beverage – going way out on the limb there. 🙂 Thanks for the nomination. Dave
Congratulations, Sarah! Well deserved , it’s nice to learn a little bit more about you.
Thank you, Francina 🙂
Congrats! You really deserve the sunshine award, always brightening my pages with your kind comments. You rock it, Sarah, love your pages and the way your mind rolls 🙂
Thank you, my dear friend 🙂